NOTICE!!!! ...notice the different shifters?

As you travel through this blog you will see pictures of different "shifters".

Why? Different paradigms require different types of shifting or change to maneuver through them. A BMW will have a different type of gear shift than a Hemi-Dodge Pickup or a Shelby Mustang.

The different shifters are symbolic of the fact that a person must be willing to make different types of "shifts" or "changes" to make daily progress in ones life. One "shift" will not work in our ever changing world. Allow the pictures of the gear shifts to remind you of the need to be open to numerous ways of changing your paradigms that make up who you are as a person.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Example of someone who became involved to start a new PARADIGM



January 19, 2009 - 07:38 PM
"My Unforeseen Political Journey"
by Lori Jungling, Iowa Coordinator
Send to a friend
I was born and raised on a dairy farm outside of a small town of about 700 people in a conservative party of Iowa. It was there that I was raised to rely on God, family, friends, and community (in that order) to get you through life. I was taught I was responsible for my own actions and that strong traditional values is what makes a community and society strong. I am now 38-years-old and a latecomer to the political process. I live in the state with First in the Nation status but couldn't even tell you up until last year when or what the caucus was. I usually just showed up to vote in the general election. That all changed in the fall of 2007 when my husband said, "You have got to check out this Mike Huckabee guy."
Supporting Governor Huckabee led me to my first political donation, my first political rally, my first caucus, and my first time volunteering to do phone calls for a candidate. I believed that the ideas and values he was fighting for was what the Republican party was all about and what America needed. When his campaign ended, I knew deep down that it was just the beginning of the movement. Too many people recognized that the message of Mike Huckabee transcended any election cycle.
After the primary season ended, me and six other Iowans who met on Huck's Army got together to form The Iowa Brigade in hopes of fighting for these same conservative issues at the local level and supporting like-minded candidates. I am thankful for these passionate and dedicated individuals because together we have collaborated on an Iowa blog that has been rated as one of the top political blogs in Iowa. (Just so you know, last year at this time I didn't even know how to copy and paste. So, if any of you doubt that you can't get the new technology down of blogging, facebook, and twitter, put your fears aside because it is amazing what you can accomplish if you have the passion.) I really think that we are making a difference in Iowa politics.
I am excited about being a regional coordinator for the National Volunteer Team and working with other Iowans in furthering the cause that we started fighting for in the Mike Huckabee campaign and continue to do with Huck PAC. Supporting the issues of life, family, limited government, tax reform, and 2nd amendment rights while striving for what America needs and not what politicians want is what this battle is all about and I invite you to join me at http://www.huckpacvolunteer.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment