NOTICE!!!! ...notice the different shifters?

As you travel through this blog you will see pictures of different "shifters".

Why? Different paradigms require different types of shifting or change to maneuver through them. A BMW will have a different type of gear shift than a Hemi-Dodge Pickup or a Shelby Mustang.

The different shifters are symbolic of the fact that a person must be willing to make different types of "shifts" or "changes" to make daily progress in ones life. One "shift" will not work in our ever changing world. Allow the pictures of the gear shifts to remind you of the need to be open to numerous ways of changing your paradigms that make up who you are as a person.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Changing the mind to change paradigms...

Rote Writing with a Twist
by Carrie Fleharty

Do you remember way back when you were in elementary school, the big pencils, Big Chief Tablet ®, crayons, with a very strict teacher? When you were caught talking too much or throwing paper and that strict teacher made you write 100 times: "I will not talk in class" or "will not throw spit wads." Do you remember? Did you understand then what he/she was attempting to do? Because now that I understand to some degree; I am using that method to help me attract the desires of my heart. In other words I'm twisting that punishment into working for me to learn the Law of Attraction.
That very strict teacher was helping to change your thoughts. After all thought precedes form, and our thoughts do control our lives. The teacher was using that rote writing punishment to retrain your brain. Teachers who used that method were trying to use repetition to help you to change your bad habits. Let's look at this closer. What if the teacher would have you write "I will pay attention in class" or "I will allow myself and others to learn." Would that have been a little different? I'm sure that you were pretty tired of writing all of those 100 sentences, because I know I was.
The other day, I was trying to figure out what I'm not doing, or what is blocking me from receiving the desires of my heart. I refuse to go to that part of myself that says: "this doesn?t work. What do you think you're trying to do?" It's just a hoax. I believe, and I believe, but nothing is happening." When we go to this part of ourselves we are creating more negativity, and more unwanted feelings. I keep visualizing, and I keep imagining having what I want, but nothing's coming to me. (Well, not totally, I don't know what's going on cosmically.) I do understand that I have an attachment issue, and that's another article for later.
While I was pondering my dilemma, the thought came to me to write with positive words my desires and wants much like those of that were given to me by that strict elementary school teacher. Instead of writing down "I will not talk in class," I would write such things as: "I am worthy. I will receive the desires of my heart. I enjoy receiving money freely. I enjoy giving money away freely to those in need." I began to have an inkling of understanding that like attracts like, and there cannot be any doubt whatsoever!
These sentences would be me setting forth my attractions in a new way, but a way that I can transform my thought waves. I would use the repetition to help me learn to attract what I truly want, and let go of what I don?t want. Over time I will be reprogrammed to actually believe that I deserve my own precious desires.
I took my journal out, and began to write. I wrote statements such as these:* I believe* I know Truth* I believe in the truth* The Law of Attraction works* I am deserving of my desires* I am loved.* I trust* I believe in Miracles* I believe that I can receive Miracles* Thinking makes it so* My desires manifest before me.* I feel ecstatic as I see my desires manifest in front of me.
Those simple statements written down time after time will help a person who is struggling with the notion that the Law of Attraction does not work. Many people say that the movie "The Secret" is a hoax. Believe me, I can easily go there, and by going there I will receive nothing except more negativity. I have experienced that easily. I need and must reprogram myself. This idea is working for me. I no longer have that nagging sensation in me that would say: "Ha you don't deserve anything. Who are you to expect your desires? It's never happened before, why should it now?"
I have written these statements above many times, and I've been doing this now for about one week. What's really bizarre or funny, is that each day, I look forward to oopening my journal and writing those new thoughts down. I want to change my thoughts. My thoughts formed from my childhood past keep me from dreaming and believing in my desires. That my dear friends must change; for I am deserving.
Hats off to those strict elementary school teachers for making me write those horrible sentence writings. I now can use that same idea in a more positive twist to my benefit. I am creating a new and wonderful person who believes in the Law of Attraction and knows that "Thoughts Control Our Lives." Those thoughts need to bring into manifestation wants, desires and dreams. Dream and write dear folks, dream and write, for our thoughts create form.
Filed under: Abundance , Beliefs , Change , Habits , Law of Attraction
Website Email Profile
About Carrie Fleharty
Carrie Fleharty by day is a mild mannered school librarian, but at night she's become a successful author. She is now a practicing Personal Life Coach. She enjoys helping people become successful in any endeavor that they feel is important to them. She enjoys and embraces change and sees it as a way to improve herself. She intends to keep improving her life, and keeps challenging herself to become a better person. She thoroughly enjoys expressing herself through the written word. And has written two books "Changes and Shifts: a Personal Journey" and "A Poet's Mind and Soul."
Her soul ignites through spiritual fire. She understands that the right spark can take a person to new meanings and new beginnings through a deeper sense of self. She is a seeker; she seeks Truth, the Devine, Spirituality, and Love. She believes that a spark will flame up to spread Truth. This Truth will be made known to all who seek.
After all "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." A Return to Love: Reflections on a Course in Miracles by Marianne Williamson. Sometimes all it takes is a helping hand. I will be that helping hand in either personal, spiritual, health and wellness or being a mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment